- First, get the child home and send them to their room to change out of their costume. Offer to hold their candy bag for security reasons. While you inspect the loot for tampering, make a mental note of which candies you covet.
- Choose a CLASSY (Conveniently Located and Surprisingly Secretive, Yeah!) safety spot for your child’s bag. Tell the kids it’s to keep the treats away from cats and dogs. Be sure this location is in a Mommy-friendly place that will not draw attention to your frequent trips.
- Quietly visit the CLASSY location and inconspicuously remove (read: hoard) a piece at a time throughout the day and over the following week as to not raise suspicion.
- Find a HOT spot (Hoarding of Treats) that has not yet been discovered. This might be the bottom of a hamper (in an airtight container, of course), in a poly bag that frozen Brussels sprouts came in, a clean vacuum cleaner bag in the basement, etc.
DAMN spot (Detected and Meaninglessly Nulled).
5. Return often to the HOT spot and enjoy Halloween goodness for as long as it lasts or when your
child recognizes their loot has been pilfered.